March 23, 2010

14 Months


Brooklynn is 14 months old today. She's having a rough day, actually. Lots of sleeping. Two nights ago she had such a restless night of sleep and she was really warm. I just thought it was the nice warm weather. Then yesterday around 4:00 she kept being so whiny and then I figured out she had a fever. (I always feel a little guilty for the annoyance that I feel from the whining after I realize she doesn't feel good.)
Right now she is sleeping on the couch. She feel asleep a little bit after she woke up this morning. Still hasn't had breakfast, or done anything besides watch a Veggie Tales video.
Besides these last few days, she has been SO cute. She is at a really fun (and busy) age. We spent a lot of time outside over the weekend, even eating lunch outside. I put her high chair on our balcony. She loved being outside so much she didn't want to come in.
Here are some pictures of her at the park. As you can tell she was in absolute heaven. I think the one of her on the slide is my new favorite picture ever.








We learned that if we put a gate out on the balcony and leave our door open, she is content to walk inside, then outside, then inside, then outside for quite a while. It kept her busy for about 45 minutes after the park on Sunday. Not much will keep her busy for more than 3 minutes these days so I'll take anything, even at the risk that bugs might end up in here. (Or worse, our friendly squirrel that is always out there...I'm just waiting for the day that he ends up in here.)

After we closed our balcony door she went on to search for entertainment and decided she would learn how to do her slide all by herself. She hasn't mastered it yet, and has always needed our help...so I thought. I was watching her and folding laundry and she walked over...I said, "NO, you need Mommy or Daddy to help you" and she proceded to climb up and go down, staring at me the whole time like, "See, no I don't." She's quite the stinker, but I'm also glad she can do this fun activity by herself now.

No comments: