August 1, 2008

16 week checkup


Today I had my 16 week checkup. Everything looks good and normal! The baby's heartbeat is mearsuring at 120 or 130 which she said was normal. My uterus comes to my belly button now. They took my blood for the quadscreen test and also some general pregnancy tests that my first doctor missed. It was funny because the 4th vile was litterally going so slow that it was one drop of blood every time my heart beat. My right arm usually bleed great and she even commented that I was a good bleeder, and then she realized she forgot about a test. She said I could get stuck again or wait until next time. I just would rather get it over with and since no one can ever find a vein in my left arm, they took it out of my hand. They also looked at my diet and apparently I'm not getting enough calcium. I was even trying to eat more. They're not that concerned with my meat issues (I have barely been eating meat at all; it repulses me) she just told me to keep eating vegetables, eggs and beans.
It was cute to hear the babie's heartbeat again. I get to have my ultrasound between 18 and 22 weeks, so that is coming up soon! I'm so excited!

3 comments:

Charity said...

slower heart beat. my guess is that Josh is going to have the boy he wanted:-)

I know you're not finding out but you may end up seeing something that might be hard to avoid:-)

Bethany said...

Is it slow? I don't have any idea what is normal or not. It could just be because I'm spending most of my free time lying around watching Friends.

Charity said...

Not slow as in bad slow as in boy. At 10 weeks ours was 170, at 12 it was 160. Higher normally means girl. But we just did have some friends whose first heart beat was 160 and they are having a boy. Adeline's was 172:-)

I can't wait for your ultra-sound!!! You will love it.

I just had one for our little one. It wasn't as clear as Adeline's was but still nice to see. Now I have to wait for 20 weeks:-(