August 29, 2008

20 Week Checkup

Today's checkup wasn't super exciting, nothing different happened today. They took my blood pressure, checked the baby's heartbeat and we set up our childbirth classes.
My favorite part about the appointment was that Josh got to come! He got to hear Viper's heartbeat for the first time! It was funny, because I think Viper was showing off for his Daddy. The midwife said that he kept swimming away from the Doppler; like all the way across my stomach. I'm thinking already I'm starting to get to know the personality of our baby already. She's very stubborn. Every time she's kicking up a storm I tell Josh, and tries to feel and then NOTHING. She completely stops. Then he waits for sometimes 5-10 minutes, then gets frustrated and stops and immediately starts kicking again. It's hilarious.
Lately we're still trying to pick out boy names. (our girl's name is Brooke) and we've been trying to run them by Viper to see what he thinks. I read the names slowly, and if I feel a kick, it's a contender. (Unless that means he hates it?) It could just be a coincidence WHEN he kicks, but just maybe he can hear us and give us some input.
Josh just said that Viper got an earring and a tattoo (apparently they offer these in utero now?).
We did get the machine where you can listen to your babie's heartbeat in your own home. I learned later that it won't really work until the third trimester, but even though we can't hear the heartbeat, I can hear Viper's tiny kicks! I know they're kicks because I also feel them at the same time. It's so cool. This lets Josh at least HEAR the kicking. I decided that Viper is trying to win at hide and seek while she still can; Josh claims he is SO good at it. He was pretty good. We played when I was house sitting and I literally could not find him and I know every good hiding place in that house.
Our ultrasound is Thursday, September 11. So stay tuned!

No comments: