June 18, 2008

30th Birthday!

I've been dreading turning 30 all year, but really, I had a great day! I don't feel any different, and I didn't lock myself in the bathroom and cry for two hours like my Mom did. (yup, mainly why I was traumatized to turn 30; we thought she was dying in there.) I even got to go to the zoo during the day with the kid I babysit. I love the zoo. Yay, 30! Not so evil and scary after all!
I came home from work on Wednesday planning to have Bible Study like usual and my apartment was all decorated. (very nicely, if you ask me!) I kinda guessed that Josh was throwing me a surprise party. Turns out Julie decorated everything. She did a great job, I especially love the HUGE paper balls. Josh got both of our Bible Studies to meet at our place to celebrate my birthday. It wasn't a huge party but it was really fun. He also planned "Bethany Trivia" and thought of a bunch of questions about me. My favorite part of the night was a karaoke competition. Everyone sang, despite their hesitation. That in itself was the best birthday present they could give me. It was so fun.

My 30th Birthday Cake!


Jordan, Jim, Melissa & Rob


Julie, Emily & Katie


Rob sang the best version of "Beat It" I've ever heard. He didn't score the best, but he won the karaoke competition in my eyes.


Jeff & Julie


Katie & Me


Melissa & Rob


Jeff & Emily


The girls (& Jeff?) all singing



Unchained Melody (Jordan, Josh & Eric)

No comments: