November 7, 2008

30 Week Appointment


Today was my 30-week appointment. Overall I'm getting really sick of being pregnant. Not only do I miss normal day to day functions like, you know, being able to roll over in bed or turning without my belly bumping into somebody, but also I miss the normalness of life. I also am really excited to meet our baby. I keep dreaming about little Viper. I'm so ready. I wouldn't be sad at all if I went early.
So they said my blood pressure was great. I forget what it was, I never remember. Something over 60? That's about what it usually is. I noticed on my chart that there are columns for blood pressure, weight, etc. One of the columns was baby's activity. The options were something along the lines of - (inactive) 0 (normal) + (active.) My columns said ++. I thought that was funny. So it's officially in my chart that Viper is VERY active. That is a good thing, they reassured me that they like that.
The good news is that Viper is now head down! Yay! So hopefully he stays that way. The rate Viper moves around there are no guarantees. His heartbeat was back down to 120. He did good today, I thought he slept through the whole exam but the midwife said, "no, I felt some activity." I guess I'm feeling more of the "obvious" ones now.
Whenever I have an appointment I treat myself to Taco Bell afterwards. It's pretty much a tradition now. I've been craving those Baja Chalupas. Today after Taco Bell I went to KMart and Walmart to continue my diaper pricing at all the stores. (so far EBay is the cheapest, including shipping....) I realized that as I was walking through the aisles in the baby section I almost started crying! For no reason. I managed to hold it in, but it was tricky. I think my emotions are finally catching up to me. I've been noticing that it's been happening around all kinds of babies or just baby stuff. It's like I can feel my heart start to rip out of my chest. Just enough to create that baby longing. I hope I don't get to the point where I actually do start crying in the store for no reason.
I have my last baby shower tomorrow in PA! I'm really excited and will post pictures then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last few weeks are the hardest...just the waiting and uncomfortablenesss of it all! Try to enjoy the quiet time with your hubby...once your little one comes life will be completely different! Hang in there...you're time will be here before you know it!