November 9, 2008

Putting together our crib and changing table

Our friends from our Bible Study went in together to buy us our crib and monitor. We ended up getting it at Kmart instead of Babies R Us (on our Registry) because that particular crib was on backorder. I had my eye on this dresser/changing table anyway, so I figured I might as well get the crib to match. When we went to get it first they couldn't find the dresser there or any other Kmart anywhere around us. Then they went to check in the back JUST to make sure. (even though they told us the only thing in the back was Christmas stuff.) Turns out they had TWO of them. Then as a bonus it turned out to be friends and family day at Kmart so we got another 15-20% off! I haven't done the math yet to figure out which one. The dresser was also on sale so we got a bonus on sale. So they ended up buying us the crib, monitor AND dresser/changing table because they were marked down so much!
Josh and I were very excited to put them together. I love building furniture. The crib was fun, I always here horror stories about how it takes the dad all day to put it together and then he has to start over. It wasn't as bad as that.



THEN....we opened the dresser/changing table. Oh man, was that overwhelming. On the parts list that showed the different parts it went all the way up to "U". And just look at all the hardware that went with it. I just followed the directions slowly and it eventually came together. Now I know why the nesting instinct kicks in before the baby comes. I can't imagine doing this ever after a baby. Our living room was TRASHED...it's still kind of a mess. I'm off work today and plan to clean it all up...instead I'm blogging. We'll see if it gets done.



They both turned out cute. Now we have to clean everything and put this nursery into some sort of functioning order....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay, and the bedding is even on it! Yippee! Looks so cute - can't wait to come see it in person - and the best part will be my niece/nephew will be here then. Yeah!!

Andrea said...

P.S.
So... is the nursery across the building from the "bloods" since yours is the "crips?"
Just wondering.

Bethany said...

Yup, it's the bloods. I apparently can't spell ANYTHING during pregnancy! What is the deal? At least I noticed that when you left the comment it was spelled wrong and I got back on to fix it.