April 6, 2009

Thunder

The other day it was pouring rain, but still kinda warm out. This happens all the time in Indiana but hardly ever in PA. I've always loved thunderstorms and really miss them. I decided to take Brooke out on our balcony and we were both watching the rain come down. It's cool because the balcony above us keeps us nice and dry. Then I saw Josh come home for lunch and he kinda scared me little. I was in the process of turning Brooke so she could see Daddy and get excited and suddenly there was the HUGE LOUD thunder. No warning whatsoever. We even lost power at the same time. (It came right back on). All those things were one big combination to make a very unhappy baby. Brooke started WAILING. It was so sad, I felt like such a bad Mommy making my baby be so close to the thunder. There is no way I could have predicted it, it wasn't even thundering before or after that, it was really strange. But still...it would have been a little more muffled if we stayed inside.
Brooke was so sad so we had to get out the book Thunder Cake and Josh read it to Brooke. It calmed her down and she was fine. This book really is cute, it talks about getting over the fear of thunder. I highly recommend it.

No comments: