January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

Here are a few pics I took of Brooklynn. She actually started to get sick the night I took these.



Then, she got Croup. It was rough. It's still a little rough, although she is doing much better. She was so pitiful. Basically she slept the ENTIRE 10 hour car-ride, except for a few times when she woke up to throw up all over herself. Here are some pictures of my pitiful tiny princess. They basically sum up how we spent our Christmas.
On a positive note, since Brooklynn was feeling so sick, she was sure cuddly! She normally wants to play and be very active so we really enjoyed getting in some snuggle time. She really wanted me most of the time, but occasionally we could trick her into letting other people hold her. I was thankful to have so many extra hands to help take care of her. Having such a sick baby is exhausting!

Mia worked all week making us our own colored Christmas pictures. Here she is passing them out...and Myla enjoying hers.
We always do stockings first at the Ashley house.
We usually go to the Christmas Eve Service. This year Josh and I had to stay home with Brooklynn while everyone else went. I was really sad, as it's my favorite service of the year. It always has been. It was good to stay home, though. I think it was good for Brooke to have a little quiet and time away from everybody.
Here are the girls in their matching Christmas dresses.
After church we come home, take a sister picture by the tree and then open presents. We have many many sister pictures by the tree. Someday I'd like to find all of them and put them all in a scrapbook. Too much work right now.
Ever since we are all married and there are so many kids, we have extended this tradition by taking all of our pictures.
Then we open presents! It was fun for Brooklynn and Myla's first Christmas. Not quite as much fun as I was hoping since Brooke was so sick. :( But I think she liked it.
Here are some other pictures from Ashley Christmas:






Here we are enjoying Josh & My Christmas present for everyone, "Bean Charades".
Then we headed to the Beans. By Saturday Brooklynn was feeling a lot better, although she was still pretty sick. We think she lost a few pounds from not eating much. We were changing her diaper on Sunday and I was shocked by how skinny she was. But she started smiling a bit more, which was so encouraging.
Adeline was very helpful with everybody's presents.





And last but not least, we got to see several of our friends while we were home! It was so good to see you all!
Yay! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: