December 5, 2008

34 Week Appointment

Today was my 34-week appointment. I was glad to see somebody because my body has been in a lot of pain since Wednesday. I tried to tell myself it was Viper acting up because we were travelling home for Thanksgiving, and once we got home and back into our regular routine she would do a lot better.
At first it was mostly just tons of kicking. I think my Starbucks coffee
was a little too strong for little Viper. Then I think he somehow moved into a sideways position and it was very uncomfortable. By Sunday night I could barely walk. My tailbone has been really painful, and now right where my hip-flexer is has been sore. I thought I actually pulled a muscle somehow, but apparently it's Ciatica.

A couple of days ago I developed "dead leg" and can't really move it at all. So I look like I'm in a lot of pain. I can't go out in public because random strangers come up to me and ask me if I'm ok, if I'm going into labor. Then other times it's completely fine. (Ok, usually the fine parts don't last too long, but I am trying to be optimistic.)
I've also started getting swollen ankles. It's actually been a little bit better lately because I can't really walk. Standing or walking is what makes them swollen. So since I'm sitting all day, it's not too bad lately.













My last appointment I was all excited because I only gained 1/2 a pound. Then two days later I weighed myself again and in those two days I had already gained 4 pounds. So two weeks after my last appointment I have put on a whole 9 pounds. They commented on it, but didn't make me feel as bad as last time. She just said not to do that every time.


She also said that the baby sounded really good. She showed me where all the body parts were. Of course Viper is already completely turned around, but that is ok. The good news is that she is still head down! I was nervous she flipped and that is why I felt all cramped. The midwife said he could have turned sideways causing a lot of these problems, but the baby is in a really good position. I also have a prescribed massage and chiropractor visit. I'm excited about having to do this, 1: it will be awesome, 2: it might help me feel normal again, but on the downside we can't really afford either of these right now. She gave me a few other tips on how to help it just at home, but she said, ultimately I need to see a chiropractor.
Well, that's all for now. I have to force myself to go make dinner and then lay on the couch all night.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Rest is good.

Baby Viper will soon be here and you will forget about all of the pain.

A newborn baby is the best drug.

Trav, Jess, and Aden Daugherty said...

Hey Bethany! We've met once before, but it's been a long time. I'm Josh's cousin Jesse. Just wanted to say we're really excited for you two and can't wait to see pics of your new little one. Tell Josh hello for me. Blessings! Jess