December 31, 2008

37 Week Appointment

So today the biggest news to report is she felt my tummy and was feeling the baby and she said, "I'd say it's about at an 8" I had no clue what she meant and she said, "8 pounds." So I immediately was a little freaked out and just thought outloud, "WOW, already 8 pounds?" She told me not to worry that they don't grow that much more at this point on. Thank goodness.
I am glad everything looks healthy still. The heartbeat was at 130 again, that is tending to be around the norm unless Viper is super active when they're taking the heartbeat. (getting up to about 160, even! I think he or she takes after Daddy and is going to love the gym.)
She said most people in their first pregnancys go the week after so to plan something really fun for the 18th so I'm not mad that I don't have a baby yet. Sometime around the 19th to the 24th. I'm hoping it's the 23rd, then the birthday will be 1/23 which is a fun number.
I've been getting TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions. Some of them aren't bad, some hurt quite a bit, but still not worse than my Ciatica. Today I was at the mall and had one and I was just kinda holding my belly up, walking along. Some lady came up to me and was like, "ARE YOU OK!?" I guess it looks worse than it is.
All my hopes and dreams about having my baby before today are pretty much over...I was really banking on an early baby so we could have a tax deduction for the rest of the year. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year.

No comments: