December 31, 2008

3 Years today!

I can hardly believe that Josh and I have already been married for 3 years. We've now been married longer than we dated (which before seemed like forever!)

With all the change that is about ready to happen in our family I wanted to take a minute to reflect.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I feel like lately all I'm doing is asking him to do stuff or get stuff for me because it hurts to stand up. Instead of complaining he gets up and does it for me, no questions asked.

He is a wonderful man of God and continues to try and grow in that relationship. In fact, whenever we have a typical married couple fight and I try and say something hurtful about his character that I wish he would change, instead of reacting he'll usually say something along the lines of, "You know, you're right. I do want to work on that." Then I just feel bad. He genuinely wants to become a better man and better example of Jesus Christ. I love that about him. It's probably the number one thing about him that drew me to him in the first place. (besides his ruggedly handsome looks. :))

Another thing I love about Josh---he puts up with me. I can be such a pain sometimes. He deals with my obsessive cleaning. Our routine on Saturday is cleaning our whole apartment and he usually does the kitchen and the living room while I do the bathrooms and the bedrooms. We meet in the middle and then are done. I usually sleep in longer than he does and when I get up he's already working on the kitchen. I know this doesn't come naturally to him so every time I see him doing this I am just floored that he knows that I appreciate the help and it's all for me. Last Saturday after Christmas I was too tired and just didn't want to clean. He still cleaned the kitchen.

Josh makes me laugh so often and I truly enjoy his company. I'd rather hang out with him than anyone else. He also keeps me on my toes...I never know what he's going to shout out in the middle of his sleep and it always makes me laugh. Last night he shook me awake and said, "Babe, you've gotta see this!!!" I had no idea what he was talking about. I responded, "see what..?" Then he just sat there for a few minutes and said, "it.......it...........it must have been in my dream" I still don't know what he was so excited about. When I see him later today and ask him about it, I'm pretty sure he'll have no clue what I'm talking about.

I'm so excited for this next chapter in our lives having another person in our family. I have no doubt in my mind that Josh will be an amazing father. I can't wait to see them together. I already enjoy seeing him with our neices and some of the kids I've babysat in the past. He is great with kids and I can't wait to see him with his own child.

I love you, Josh! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, Bethany. It was good to hear that. My brother is pretty amazing :-). Hope the upcoming days and weeks are tolerable. I'm praying for you! Can't wait to meet Viper!
~Bets

Lucy said...

Bethany, Congratulations!! I found your blog - and have just LOVED catching up on your family! Good luck with your new baby, and congrats on your anniversary! My Josh and I have been married for 9 years and are having baby number 4!! Crazy to think about how time flies!