January 8, 2009

38 Weeks

Today I had my 38 week appointment. Since last week my Braxton Hicks contractions have actually quieted down a little bit. I don't feel close at all. Definitely READY, but the reality is I probably won't have this little one until after my due date.
Today I didn't feel that well, like I was coming down with a stomach bug. I've heard several people say they thought they were getting sick, turns out they were in labor. I kept HOPING this was the case with me, I think I really am just a little sick, though. Today when I was walking in I was secretly hoping they'd look at me and say, "Oh my, you need to stay here and have this baby now." Nope, nothing at all like that.
They did the normal stuff, told me again I need to get a massage for my ciatica; she said I looked like I was not compensating well at all and was walking lopsided. I still want to get one, but they cost money and I think I can hold out for a couple of weeks. She did say that the only real way to cure ciatica is to have the baby. She also said it didn't help that I have a nice, big baby in there.
The baby is still looking good, good heartrate, she said it really seemed to be in a great position despite causing me a lot of pain in the process.
Then I left, still no baby. There were TWO babies in the waiting room. It is starting to bug me that I still don't have a baby. I am, however trying to enjoy my last few days just by myself (as much as I have the energy for). Maybe I will go get that massage or even a pedicure. I haven't been able to cut or paint my toenails for several months now. PLUS, I've heard they can start labor. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments: