January 19, 2009

40 weeks and counting

I just got back from the chiropractor. I had been putting it off because it's expensive and then once my sciatica got to be a constant problem I only had a few weeks left anyway so I thought I would try and tough it out. The midwives kept telling me to go, even though I'm so close. I finally realized all I have to pay is a $10 co-pay for a visit. So today I called and I got to go right in. Why didn't I do this sooner? I feel absolutely AMAZING right now, I can walk totally pain-free for the first time since Thanksgiving.
She said my left pelvis was very rotated and the middle part was tilted. The front of my left leg was super tight and she said she couldn't believe I wasn't breech. Usually all those things add up and the baby can't move. She said I was really lucky I wasn't. I'm hoping now that my pelvis is straightened out the baby will fit better and come right out! She said it would help overall with labor. I am just excited that I feel so amazing. I wouldn't even mind if I was the full two weeks late at this point.
Yay for chiropractors! The only down side is that since I'm pregnant it won't last for too long so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can while it lasts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there you!! I went and got a massage and it helped me!! anyway i am sure you are tired of all the comments of what people did for help, I will continue to pray and make sure that hubby of yours knows how to put pictures up all over so we can see them!!!lol