January 16, 2009

39 Week Appointment

So TECHNICALLY my due date is today. I had an appointment and I'm not dialated at all. I'm soft, just not dialated. So they couldn't try and sweep my membranes. Maybe next week. She said the baby was really low; she can see why I'm having a lot of ciatic problems. She also said it was a good thing because the baby is so low that they can already tell it will fit through my pelvis.
The annoying part is they had me make another appointment; so now instead of just one more I have two more. One is the 21st and the other is the 26th.
They walked me through what would happen in case I go over 42 weeks. Basically the night of the Superbowl (Feb. 1) I would spend the night in a hospital and try and soften my cervix and then would be induced on the 2nd. She said most likely I'll go naturally before that, most people do. It's just a little frustrating because that is all the way in February which seems SO far away. AND I'd have to miss the superbowl. (actually, I'm still not sure what time I'd go in, maybe it will be after the superbowl.)
I also wanted to give props to McDonalds for having the Big Mac meal on sale for $4 RIGHT when I wanted one. I'm very excited about this. Maybe I'll eat one every day until the baby comes. Ok, probably not.
I do want to give a big BOO for the freezing weather. I am so pregnant I can't physically zip my coat which is NOT fun in this cold weather. I guess I'll just stay home. No Big Macs.
The snow is still holding out, though. I have been praying that the snow wait until after I have the baby. I'm nervous we'll get stuck in a blizzard somewhere on the way. Then after the baby we can get blasted and I get to stay home and enjoy it from the window. Sorry to all that have been waiting for snow all winter. You can pray that I have my baby sooner and then you'll get your snow sooner. Everyone wins that way.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so funny. I ate McDonald's too during pregnancy. It's like impossible not to! Hang in there...the payoff is coming!!!

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward for you little one to arrive! I'm sure you guys are so so ready! I went to 40 weeks and my doctor stripped my membranes and I went into labor that night and had Brynnan the next day. It was least invasive or scary form of inducing. No drugs...which is what I wanted. It was quick and easy and done at my 40 week appointment. The next day she was here! Just wanted to let you know if you are ready for you little one to come, stripping the membranes worked really well for me and I felt completely comfortable with it! Good luck! Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Okay so my advice is to sit on a exercise ball. It helped make my labor go faster!!! just an idea! anyway I keep checking in to see how you are doing???