March 23, 2009

Brooke's 2-month checkup



Brooke had her 2-month checkup today! She is still tall for her age, measuring 24 1/4 inches (that is still above the 95 percentile.)

Her weight is up to 11 pounds, 8 ounces. That made her jump from the 50th percentile to the75th percetile! So, she is getting plentyto eat! We thought she looked a little more evened out so that is encouraging.

I forget what her head measurement was because they forgot to write it down. But it was similar to last month.

Brooke had to get 5 immunizations today. :( One was oral like medicine and she was alreadycrying her head off for that one. The nurse kinda laughed and said, "This is the EASY one!" Then she had the other 4 by needle and boy was that tramatic for both of us. She was very upset. Each time she kept looking at me like, "WHY are you letting them do this to me?!"

The good news is that she did NOT have an ear infection. She had been playing with her ears lately and I was slightly nervous. Turns out she just is discovering her ears. She still pulls her hair all the time. I have to ground her from using her hands sometimes when she pulls so hard it makes her cry(by putting mittens on her). I am convinced that she is trying to get our attention by crying but she is such a happy baby she can't just cry, she has to hurt herself to make herself cry.

Today she was in her crib exhausted and trying to sleep but she has discovered the mirror I have in there and she kept laughing and staring at herself. This went on for at least half an hour until Josh came home for lunch and rescued her. When he went in she went from laughing to developing a huge, dramatic pout. She definitely knows how to work Daddy. It's hilarious. I tried to take a picture of this pout and she just smirked at me like, "See...Daddy will take me out. Ha ha, Mommy."

She is doing really well overall. She slept through the night twice now, both times we were at our church retreat. When we came home she was back to waking up a couple of times a night. I'm not sure why. She goes right back to sleep, though and barely makes any noise. Josh hardly ever wakes up and she is still in our room. I just moved the bassinet out into the living room and set up the pack & play in our room. (It's a test run, we had the pack & play at the retreat, I'm wondering if it's because she's more comfortable in there?). I've also been trying to give her naps in her crib in her room to get her used to sleeping there. We'll see. I'm still not emotionally ready to let her sleep at night in there. I also love the convenience of her being so close when I do have to feed her. I don't even have to get out of bed. We're slowly transitioning and maybe by next month she'll be sleeping in her room. (or at least we'll try it by then?)

No comments: