March 25, 2009

Homemade Blankets

My Grandma made both of these blankets for Brooklynn. (Her Great-Grandma). They are gorgeous and Icherish them. It's so special to have something homemade, especially by your Great Grandma.

The blanket on the left was made by my friend Julie for Brooklynn. I love it. I'm especially excited about this one for the warmer months because it's thin and most of our blankets are super-warm because Brooke was born in January. We don'thave many thin ones.
The blanket on the right was made by my Mom's cousin Kath. It is beautiful! She said she made the border purple for a boy OR a girl (pink plus blue is purple). She also made mathing booties that aren't in the picture.

The yellow straggly one was Mommy's security blanket. I can see why she liked it, it tastes pretty good!
These other three I made for Brooklynn when I was pregnant. The green and yellow one matches my nursery and is knit. It took my whole pregnancy. The blue one and the pink one were crocheted and were much faster. I made a pink one if we had a girl and a blue one if we had a boy. I love them and we use them both (even though we had girl we still use the blue one, too.)
This banket was made by Nell (pictured below). Nell is one of the girls that I used to babysit. Nell just turned 10 and is VERY good at knitting and crocheting. We are super excited to have an entire blanket made by Nell.
Thank you, everyone who made us a blanket! Brooke has a lot of blankets already, and she loves them all! We will cherish them always.

No comments: