August 31, 2009

Don't Eat Daddy's Hair

The other day I was cutting Josh's hair like I usually do. But UNLIKE usual we now have a 7-month-old daughter who likes to get into everything. She's not even crawling yet but for some reason she is still hard to control. I set her up with some puffs all over a towel on the floor and set her on the towel. I thought it would be a fun "treasure hunt" for her. It was for a while. She seemed happy, I started to cut Josh's hair. In the middle of all this she kinda rolled over and was starting to whine to be sat up again. I went over, very careful to brush all the hair off of me and helped her up. I went back to continue Josh's haircut and Josh said something like, "Wait, wait, wait! No, Brooke!" Or something similar. I looked over and there was a black fuzzy thing on the floor that she was reaching for. I thought it was (gasp!) a spider, but it was just Josh's hair. I went over to get that away before she got it when to our surprise, she already had a different HUGE clump of hair and proceeded to shove it in her mouth. She looked up at me like, "I immediately regret this, please help me" and I tried my best to get it off of her hands and face. It is worse than sand, let me tell you. Combined with her wet drool it just sort of smeared. How gross.
I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures, but use your best immagination. It was a classic.

No comments: