March 5, 2010

How to Cut Your Own Hair

People ask me all the time how on earth do I cut my own hair. How do you cut the back? How is it even? It's really easy, actually.
Here is before, testing out my camera.
The first cut. I usually start with the front on my own hair. I don't start with the front when I cut other people's hair. I'm not sure why I do, but I do. I think it's because that is the part of my face that I see, and I like to kinda shape it around the length I want the front.

I usually do the main length of the rest next. Then I make sure it's even and then I start hacking away, checking my "cut point length".
Then I do this to give it some layering. This time I went a little overboard to get a good picture, so I had to go back and add a LOT of layers to make it look even.
There you go. Finished! I usually shower and find a couple of stragglers, then I cut them. I'll probably tweak it again tomorrow. For some reason when it's wet and I'm washing it I can FEEL how it is good or it isn't good. Then I know it still needs some work.
Note to self: When Josh hides the broom make sure you close the door so Brooklynn doesn't start eating and playing with your nasty hair pile. It was TOO quiet so I went to find her and this is how I found her.

No comments: