September 26, 2008

24 week appointment

Today was my 24 week appointment. One funny thing that happened was as soon as she put the doppler on my belly to hear the heartbeat we could hear it, then Viper kicked that thing hard enough that it caused her to take it off my belly and say, "WHOA!" Then she tried to find another place. My baby is so stubborn, it cracks me up.
She said everything sounded great, everything is still healthy. Then she looked at my chart and said, "So...8 pounds in the last month, huh?" Then was telling me how I have to cut back on my Twix bars, etc. So far I have gained 19 pounds. She said I'm still in the healthy range, I might have just had a growth spurt or something, but to just be careful because it puts me at higher rish for gestational diabetes. (and other stuff that I forgot...mostly it's harder to lose the weight after the baby comes.) So I guess I have to watch my diet more carefully. I think it's because I've been finally able to eat meat and I'm balancing out.

Here are my current baby pictures, taken today. I am not sure how I am going to continue to be able to stretch. My skin feels stretched to the max already, and I still have 3 1/2 more months to go!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Very cute!

Don't worry about the weight. I put on 45 lbs. with Adeline and lost it all in the first month.

And believe me your stomach will stretch...a lot. The baby just started growing.

Charity