September 30, 2008

7 random things about me

Julie tagged me to write 7 random things about myself. Here you go!

1. I love fall. Everything about it. hayrides, hot dog roasts, caramel apples, the smell of fall, football season, back to school, back to school shopping, tiny candy everywhere for Halloween, pumpkins, wearing just a sweater, Sunday afternoon naps, changing of the leaves, crunching leaves under my feet...is anything better?

2. I love to clean. I'm really bad at the organizing/clutter part of it. That takes me forever. But the sanitizing part...getting all my cleaners out and just going to town is one of the best forms of stress relief for me. It soothes me. And when I'm done the smell of a clean place...aaah. Sometimes when I'm really stressed you can tell because my apartment is clean and if I'm SUPER stressed I see if it's ok to clean someone else's place, too.

3. I've caught 13 bouquets in my lifetime. I think 4-5 were the same summer. Sometimes I would try to avoid it to give someone else a chance and it would land on my feet or come straight at me. I was really bummed I didn't catch the one at the wedding in China. Their bouquets are weighted really differently and completely threw off my game. It was a poetic end when the last one I caught was the last wedding I went to before mine. Kind of my last hurrah. I used the bouquets I caught as my rehearsal bouquets. It was fun. Then we threw them away.

4. When I was younger I developed a strange fear about birthday parties. The last one I had was when I turned 9. (My next one was in my 20s) I am such a peacemaker that it reallly bothered me when my friends from different circles wouldn't get along. I couldn't handle it so I stopped having parties. When I'm dreaming my friend circles will cross constantly and it still is weird to me. Not scary-weird anymore, though.

5. I really honestly believe that if I ran into random celebrities they'd be just as excited to meet me. Or we'd be super close friends. I was completely crushed when I met Robin Williams and he wasn't like, "I think that YOU are funny, too!" It pretty much was depressing instead of awesome to meet him. I overcame this by telling myself that he was having an off day or was distracted and now regrets being nervous when he met me. Give him the benefit of the doubt, you know.

6. My dream job is to be one of those makeover people on Oprah or What Not to Wear or something where they make people over and make them feel good about themselves. I'd also love to be a personal shopper (which I sort of do now--less groceries, more stuff at the mall, though.) Another dream job...a spa columnist. Someone who travels all over the world trying out different spas to rate them and how great they are. I saw that on the travel channel once, it's a TV show and I was completely mad at my high school guidance counselor for not telling me about this option as a carreer choice.

7. Things I can't resist buying: Children's books, flip flops, office supplies, cookbooks, kitchen gadgets, cool cleaning supplies, purses or bags (not the expensive ones, just normal ones), Christmas ornaments, scrapbook supplies, rubber stamps, and apparently baby stuff. (my newest addiction) I pretty much have to avoid places that sell any of these items at all costs.

I am not tagging 7 more people. I never pass stuff like this on even though I think it's fun. My feelings get a little hurt when other people don't do it. SO, I challenge whoever thinks it's fun to write 7 random things about yourself to do so.

No comments: