September 11, 2008

Ultrasound!

Today was our ultrasound! It was so great to see our baby and verify that everything was healthy and normal. And it's SO CUTE!!! I cried. It was beautiful.
It was really cool to see all the parts (well, except the gender-deciding parts) but we saw the brain and the heart and everything! I really think that it's partying in there. At one point it had a L-shaped thing going on with the hand like, "WOOHOO!!!" and the cord to me looks exactly like Marti Gras beads, it's hilarious. Everything is healthy. The heartbeat was 132. They measured our baby at 10 1/2 inches and 1 pound. (that is a LOT less than I am these days!) We saw the brain, the blood, etc. It was crazy. One other thing we learned: DO NOT SPEAK AT ALL to the ultrasound technician. They aren't always very nice. Wait for the doctor. Enjoy pictures of our beautiful baby! Thanks to Laura for scanning these for us, and a very special shoutout to AUNT DIANA!!! Happy Birthday today!

Is that a duck squeaky toy in there, too?

I think in this one it looks like, "I'm not LISTENING to you!!!"


This is almost exactly how I sleep with my arms.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Viper's a beauty!! I love the 3-D ultrasound ... now you know what he/she really looks like! I gather you're waiting to be surprised as to whether Viper is a boy or girl?

Charity said...

So cute. I am glad that he/she looks very healthy. In the third one it looks like he/she has a full head of hair.
Andrew got very excited when we were looking at vipers pictures. He is very excited about his older cousin's arrival.

very happy for you three,
Love,
Muskegon Bean's