February 1, 2009

Brooke's First Week at Home

Here is a general summary of what the Beans have been up to this last week. We are getting to know our beautiful, amazing daughter, Brooklynn. We both can't believe how much we love her already.
We got home from the hospital Sunday night. There was a sign on our door that said, "Welcome home, Brooke!" Brooke did great her first night, Mommy was not so great and had a little bit of a breakdown. I was so swollen from all the fluids they gave me and in so much pain that I couldn't even get into bed. It took a step stool, Josh AND my Mom to help me into bed. What an ordeal. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed, though. I slept really well. It was nice not to be across from the nursery and hear crying babies all night. I slept so well, that when Brooke woke up crying away, I didn't even hear her. Josh had to wake up and then wake me up to feed her. I can't believe I didn't hear her; she was right next to me and wailing. So sad. Now that I'm less tired I hear her at night, thankfully.
Brooke's first birthday breakfast. We had birthday rolls (pillsbury cinnamon rolls-a tradition in my family) scrambled eggs and bacon. It was SO good!

Brooke trying out her bouncy seat. She loved it! She didn't bounce yet, though. She just kinda sat there. I think in a few weeks/months? she'll like it even more.

Brooke had her first bath. Grandma had to give us lessons because Mommy and Daddy have never given a newborn a bath. She loved it, but hated to be cold. I'm excited to give her an actual bath, she loved it when I was pregnant; I think she loves the water. And with feet as big as hers she might just become an excellent swimmer. When the olympics were on her favorite part was the swimming. She kicked me so hard whenever Michael Phelps was on. I'm thinking she's already a fan.

Brooke and Mommy in their bathrobes.

That bath was hard stuff! Thanks for calming me down, Daddy!

Brooke opening her first birthday present....

Two more books from Mommy & Daddy!

Brooke is already LOVING books. And she even makes the animal sounds, well, mainly just for sheep and goat. (ok...maybe her cry just sounds like that?)

Brooke had her first Dr.s appointment. Everything went well except they were nervous about her weight. Her birth weight was 8 lb. 1 oz. When we left the hospital she was 7 lb. 10 oz. and then on Tuesday she dropped to 7 lb. 5 oz. By Thursday at her weigh-in visit she was back up to 7 lb. 11 oz! I'm so proud of my little piggy.


Brooke also tried out her swing, which she loves. She sometimes takes long naps in there.

She really loves her bear. She tries to suck on it, or maybe she is whispering secrets to him.

Here is Brooke with her friend, Julie! Julie stopped by to deliver this homemade quilt for Brooke. Brooke has had several visitors this week, but I'm going to post those pics in a different post so that I can finish this one.

Brooke modelling her new outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Bean.

My awake little monster. She is so cute.

Brooke got to visit Daddy at work on Friday so he could show her off. Then he took a half-day to spend with us. He kept smiling and was so proud. I think he's pretty excited to have a daughter.

Not quite cut out to join the work-force...she would sleep on the job all day.

Brooke practicing tummy time. She really likes it; she's crying in the first picture because we made her wear that outfit which is too small for her long little legs.

Brooke LOVES to be carried around in the sling. Mommy loves to carry her, too. :) I get a lot done that way and can still be with her.

Brooke is READY for her first Michigan game...this was just a posed pic for Daddy, it's not college football season anymore, but she is really excited for that day to come.

Brooklynn loves to be swaddled and will often be fussy only if she's: a: hungry, b: wet (no crying for the poopy diapers, for some reason-I think she likes it) and c: needs to be swaddled.

Brooke and Grandma for their special picture. Grandma was a big help the first week and Brooke is still sad that she had to leave. We can't wait to see her again!

3-Generation picture

And, of course...she slept a lot. Brooke is so good, she pretty much only wakes up once during the night to feed and it's like clockwork, right at 3:30. Then she doesn't wake up again until 7:15 or 7:30.

Goodnight, everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this blog. she is so adorable. I love all the stuff you have for her. I love the bee blanket. I wanted that set for our nursery but never got a chance to buy it. both my girls were such a last minute suprise we didnt get a chance to buy it. Very adorable. congrats. love you guys.