February 13, 2009

3 Weeks Old Already?!?

Where has the time gone?
I'm really sad already that our baby has to get bigger. I want each moment I have with her to last a little bit longer than they do. (Except for the crying spells.)
Last week she stayed awake and alert from one feeding to the next twice a day. She plays and is so stinkin' cute. A few days ago this started overlapping and instead of falling asleep after the second feeding she will continue to be awake feeding to feeding to feeding...and is feeding about every half hour for a good 2 hours. But I am counting my blessings that she still sleeps for 3-5 hours at a time at night and in the morning. Aaaaaaaah. I even feel completely caught up on my sleep. She is still waking up at 3:30 am and 7 am (sometimes 8:00) to feed, and that is really it. The Birth Center called me today just to check in and see how things were going and so I asked them about the possibility of feeding her too much (every half hour seemed like too much to me) and they said it was normal and she was "filling up" so that she could sleep for longer. I decided to just go with it. I am telling myself that it means getting more sleep at night and I am totally fine with that.
Here are a few more pictures of our pretty baby. She really is getting a distinct personality already in her alert phases and is pretty photogenic. And when she sleeps of course we torture her and make her do all kinds of embarassing stuff.


1 comment:

Charity said...

Ok...so now I see a lot of Josh. Too cute. Can't wait to actually meet her in person.

We love you Brooklynn!

Muskegon Beans