September 9, 2010

18 Month Dr. Visit


Yeah, I know Brooklynn is 19, soon to be 20 months old. I'm a little behind on her Dr. visits.
Brooklynn was very excited to watch all the fish in the waiting room. It was very cute. Then they called us and as soon as the lady called us Brooklynn recognized her as the "shot lady" and started crying. She calmed down a little when she wasn't carrying any needles yet. A big breakthrough for Brooklynn, she got to stand on the big-girl scale to get weighed! She did not want to stand still, though, but luckily we got her weight and she could get right off.
Brooklynn was very healthy and they said she looked "beautiful" and then we all already knew that. She weighs 23.8 pounds (which is in the 30th percentile) and she is 33 1/2 inches tall (which is the 85 percentile). Her head...I forgot the measurement but it's the 75th percentile, which is what it has been. I feel like this is the measurement they SHOULD write down in case I need to buy her any hats!
Brooklynn cried so hard when they measured how tall she was and when they looked in her mouth. She cries every time, though. I don't really know what the big deal is.
She only had to get one shot today (even though it was a combo shot) I count it as one because it was only 1 needle. Brooklynn screamed her little head off...so much that now I know that pretty much every other time she cries she is faking it. She was over it by the time they gave her a pretzel.
I was very excited to hear that she doesn't have to go back in until her 2-year appointment. Yay!
I am so thankful that Brooklynn is healthy.

No comments: