September 2, 2010

Sciatica and Pubic Symphysis...the Joys of Pregnancy

So I finally broke down and went to the chiropractor today. My sciatica didn't get too horrible until around Thanksgiving when I was pregnant with Brooklynn, but with this pregnancy it's been a LOT sooner. I don't have the pain shooting down my leg yet, but my hips and lower back have been killing me.
I've also had a new pain in the front of my leg, turns out I have another problem, called Pubic Symphysis. She said it is a lot more common in second pregnancies. yay.
I have to go twice a week for two weeks to get back into shape and hopefully then I can go less often for the rest of my pregnancy. The good news is that shortly after I had Brooklynn I didn't need to go anymore.
It was amazing, I felt like a million bucks. I had to bring Brooklynn, but she did pretty well. She cried when I laid down on the table, but they let her lie on my chest while she massaged the front of me and that calmed her down. Then she played with some of the toys I brought for her.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Which chiro did you go see? I've been seeing Dr. Cara Hillwig. I swear I hurt more now than I did before.

Bethany said...

I go to Dr. Brandie Nemchenko in KOP. She's great and specializes in pregnant ladies.
Last night and today I'm in more pain, but I know from before that it gets really sore but then gets a lot better.