June 3, 2009

Brooklynn's 4-month Dr. Visit

Brooke weighs 15 pounds, 2 ounces. She is now at the 85th percentile for weight. Her head is 16 inches and I think that is 50th percentile. (They always forget to write down the head stuff.)
And she is still tall for her age, measuring at 26 1/4 inches! That is above the 95th percentile, still. I keep waiting for her to even out. At least now her weight is going up, so she doesn't look so skinny; she looks just right.
She didn't cry this time for the oral vaccination, and the ones with the needles were as bad as ever. I tried to comfort her and even put a little sugar on her pacifier to distract her and then her face got BRIGHT red from her gearing up to scream-cry. It's horrible. She wouldn't even let me feed her this time to calm her down she was crying so hard. She eventually stopped crying and we left. But MAN, I hate putting her through that. I know it's better than her getting sick by not getting them, but still.
We got the official go-ahead to start solid foods! Right now we're trying rice cereal. She doesn't seem to like it very much.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Just curious what type of baby carrier you are using? The black one in the FL pictures--is that a Moby wrap?

Bethany said...

Yes, it's a Moby Wrap! I love it! I also love the Hotslings pouch-style. I really love the Moby Wrap, though. They fit anyone and are super comfortable. I put Brooke in it every day.