June 26, 2009

Busy Baby, Busy Mama!

Today in my spare time I did 5 loads of laundry, folded it all, AND...get this put it away! (that is a major accomplishment for me.) It only took me 12 hours to do that. Yeah, I finished about 10 pm. Seriously, why does laundry take so long and why do I have so much of it with a baby? It's not like her clothes are that big or I'm changing her clothes every 5 minutes. (although sometimes I do.)
I think partly why it took me so long is because Brooke barely let me put her down all day. so I had to do most of it during her naps, finally finishing after she went to bed. Which, she is in our bed, because she wouldn't even let me put her down in her crib. Josh is working tonight and I think she was missing her Daddy. I'm looking forward to snuggling up to her in a few minutes.
Brooke has been very busy; I can hardly keep track of everything new that she can do! I think one of my favorites is her dancing. She LOVES to dance, or sortof BOUNCE along to music. She likes to bounce all the time, my arms are getting quite the workout. Brooke can even sit up all by herself for a little bit. This started officially yesterday. She does pretty good but then will kinda lean one direction slowly and then plop down. Usually she goes forward toward her feet. She loves to stand and then likes to jump. And, she has been sleeping all the way until about 5 or 6 in the morning! (Except the other night she was up every hour and a half. It was worse than I remember mostly because she has been spoiling me with sleeping so well.) She will then eat, then sleep until about 8:00.
Brooke is also loving all kinds of games, and is actually a little ticklish now. She loves to laugh but usually you have to do something funny to make her laugh. She loves peek-a-boo and Patty Cake. She still loves it when I put my hair right in her face. (Weird, I know.) She is quite the swimmer, too. We've been to the pool several times and she loves the water. She loves bathtime, too. We got a little kiddie pool for her, too, on our balcony.
Well, I am off to bed. No pictures or videos this time because I have no time right now! Maybe I'll put more on the computer when Josh is home and can play with Brooke. Until then...just take my word that she is cuter than ever!

No comments: