June 5, 2009

The Many Trials of Starting Solid Foods...

Well, we're very excited to get Brooke started on solid foods, the Doctor has given us the OK, I'm excited for her to take to them since she won't take a bottle and maybe then someone else could feed her while I did a Pampered Chef party or some errands or even had some time to myself...so far she likes to eat her foot more instead. I think she likes the food, but she still needs her foot in her mouth to make herself swallow? Or maybe she likes the skin contact? I'm not really sure. Maybe she like that she can reach them so well in her high chair. Or maybe she is being sneaky by breaking the good old rule, "no feet on the table" while she is still young enough to get away with it.
If she isn't eating her foot she is eating her bib or even falling asleep. Or pooping. Pretty much anything except actually eating. I know she wants to. I had her on my lap today while I at a bowl of cereal and she kept trying to eat my bowl and grab my spoon.
I know she is just starting so I'm not too stressed about it. I think it's pretty funny and am enjoying this cute stage.


No comments: