June 29, 2009

Bum Genius!


My Bum Genius! cloth diapers just came! I'm so excited, they are so cute. I love how easy to use they are. (So far; I did just get them.) They go on just like disposables and the thing I'm most excited about is that they grow with baby so they will fit Brooke as long as she's in diapers. They are kinda pricey, one diaper is as much as a pack of diapers (a small pack, though.) But I figured out if Brooke uses 8 diapers a day of disposable, it costs about $700 a year. SO...this will end up saving several hundred dollars, this year alone. So far we only have 12 of the Bum Genius. We still have some disposable to use up. I plan on using the cloth and while I'm waiting to wash them we'll use the disposable. I'm still not sure how many I'll need to use these exclusively, but I'm super excited about them; not only the saving money part but also the cuteness factor. I have one of every color; white, pink, hot pink, yellow, light green, dark green, light blue, dark blue, yellow, orange, and then an extra light pink, white and green one. I love the idea of having a lot of pink ones for Brooke, but if we end up having a boy somewhere down the road I don't want him to have to wear a lot of pink diapers, so I'm going to try my hardest and use more of the neutral colors. My favorite neutral colors are the green and white.
Brooke showed her excitement for these diapers by immediately grabbing them and chewing on them. She always goes for the blue things; I think it might be her favorite color.

No comments: