February 27, 2010

BumGenius Cloth Diapers

I realized I haven't made another post updating about Brooklynn's cloth diapers. We LOVE them. They work super well, better than disposables, actually. I've only had ONE poopy blowout since we got them and that was when she was sick with the stomach virus. I wash them about every 2-3 days; usually every other day. It's not too bad, just a little annoying that I have to walk downstairs to wash them. They are saving us SO much money, too. I started them because I got fed up with buying disposables, so I decided to never do that again. Sometimes she pees through them at night. She makes a lot of pee. We even put two extra doublers in there (a doubler is a thinner, extra insert for extra thickness.) It usually does the trick, but sometimes she soaks everything. Which I've decided not to let bother me too much, I mean that happened to us a lot with the disposables, too. Brooklynn is quite the pee-er. So really, I couldn't afford NOT to use these. Plus, look how stinkin' adorable they are!
So in other words, we at the Bean house give them 6 thumbs up!




You can view more photos of our photo shoot here.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I am glad cloth diapers work for you. Just watching you scoop/scrape the poop off the diapers with rubber gloves was enough for me to stick with the disposable ones :-) I guess we have been lucky with the disposable ones because Andrew doesn't leak out of them. Maybe I'll try one of your diapers on Andrew in Florida and see what I think. Do you have any non-pink ones????