November 21, 2010

30 Weeks!

I'm officially in my 30th week! Not that these last 10 weeks will go any more quickly...they seem to take even longer because your mind actually "tricks" you into thinking you're almost there. Nope. 10 weeks is a LONG time.
I'm still sleeping pretty well. I still am waking up to use the bathroom, and it takes me forever whenever I wake up and realize I'm flat on my back and have to roll to one of my sides, make sure the wedge pillow is under my belly and another pillow is between my knees or my hips will more likely go out of place sooner. So this whole process takes forever and I do it several times a night.
There is something fun about being in the "30's" when you're pregnant. It's like the last big milestone (except for week 36 when I'm officially full-term--or is it 38?)
The good news is that I have Thanksgiving and Christmas there to help speed things along. This time of year always seems to fly by so I'm really hoping that is the case. Then I just have to worry about really long January. But by then it's only 4 more weeks, and that is pretty quick.
My sciatica continues to be annoying. Although it's getting better with the new stretches I've learned. I'm trying to keep doing them to keep that muscle more flexible, and my adjustments have seemed to last longer. Now the pain is more the nerve pain but I'm hoping the stretching prevents it from shooting down my leg. It didn't start doing that with Brooklynn until Thanksgiving, so I'm a little nervous about this year's Thanksgiving and everything getting much worse....I'm trying to stay optimistic, though. We are driving home for BOTH Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Which I'm so excited to BE home, just not excited for the travelling part. Sitting for long periods are the worst thing for sciatica. We're going to take our time and do lots of stretching along the way. Hopefully that will prevent any additional problems.
So besides all my sciatica problems, Gabriella is doing great! Lots of movement, she LOVES Josh. She always gets super excited when she hears him. I think we have a Daddy's girl in the making! Brooklynn has started giving Gabby kisses before EVERY nap time and bed time as part of her routine. She is the one who started this, too. It's so cute. I think they're going to be great friends.

No comments: