November 10, 2010

Pregnancy Qualms: 28 Weeks


So we had to break down and get me a cane to walk with. Yesterday I could barely walk AT ALL...I had to use Josh just to make it from the couch to the counter for something else to hold onto.
I even went to the chiropractor yesterday, and as much as she tried, she couldn't get my hip back into place. I'm going in again on Friday and she is going to supervise and have her husband (the other chiropractor) try to do it. She is the one who is specialized in pregnant women, but she thinks we need a little more muscle because it's so out of place. Hence, the cane. I am thinking it will be a rough couple of days, at least. I've wanted one anyway, sometimes I'm fine and then all of a sudden I will need it completely out of the blue. My wonderful husband went out to Walmart late last night and bought me this to have for today. It made me feel AWESOME that there were old people pictured on the tag. He also said it was near the bed pans and the Depends. Hopefully I won't be needing those, although the bed pan could be useful.




In other news I've been having TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions. I looked it up online kind of excited like maybe there was some link to possibly going a little earlier or having a quicker dilation period. Except all that I found was that if you're before 37 weeks and having more than 4 in an hour to call your doctor. GREAT. I have more than 4 in an hour almost regularly, they are like 10 minutes apart. So I called the Birth Center and they were kinda surprised I still had them even while resting. So they told me to drink tons of water and rest all afternoon and to call them if they were still more than 4 in an hour. They were...so I called back. The second midwife I talked to said to try a warm bath and if I'm having more than 5 (so 6 or more) in an hour to call back. That particular day I still got only 4 or 5 and then I just got tired of counting. Saturday night I got 7 in an hour, but then I drank tons of water and they calmed down a little bit. Since then I've just been trying to stay on top of drinking a lot of water. They've gotten a little better, but I have one almost every time I walk up the stairs or pick up Brooklynn. I'm nervous if I tell them that I won't be allowed to do that any more and they'll put me on bed rest or something. So while I think I'm fine, it's always in the back of my mind that it's sort of a big deal and I'm a little nervous about it.

Side note: Brooklynn already has stolen my cane numerous times and loves to bang it on the floor.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Take it easy, girl! You do NOT want your baby being born right now. Or for at LEAST two more months, for that matter. Keep drinking lots of water and try not to pick up Brooke (I know, fat chance). :)

Jen T. said...

i had a lot of braxton hicks as well - though maybe not as many as you're having. they are good toward the end - good practice for your uterus and I got to SIX cm with the BHs and was STILL not in active labor!!! resting and water did usually slow them down, but towards the end of my second pregnancy i really tried to take it easy. lots of reading books in bed with mommy and dare i say dvds. tyler HAD to be in a big boy bed b/c i literally could not lift him into and out of the crib anymore. we changed diapers on the bed - you just learn to slow down a bit and ask for help! hope that things settle down for you soon though!