November 1, 2010

Toddler Bed


Day 1; setting up Brooklynn's toddler bed:
I took off the crib rail and was attempting to screw on the extra piece so it's not a 3-sided crib. Brooklynn immediately started climbing in and out, grabbed every single one of her babies and plopped them in. She REFUSED to get out when I attempted to put on the safety rail. I eventually had to take her out and she got so made she closed the door to her room but then cried while she kept knocking. I put it on while she did this then opened the door for her and let her try it out. She was VERY excited.



Day 1; nap time:
I asked Brooklynn if she was excited to sleep in her new bed and she shook her head "yes." We did our normal nap time routine and I put her in her bed and she crawled RIGHT out and followed me to the door. I managed to get out first and was able to close the door. She cried for about 5 minutes and kept knocking at the door. Then she crawled in her bed and went to sleep.

Day 1; waking up from nap time:
So Brooklynn took a great nap and then I started hearing her Silly Town game through the monitor. No whining or crying, she is just in there playing; as happy as ever! A very successful first sleep!
Day 1: Bedtime
Bedtime did not go QUITE as smoothly as naptime. She got right out and cried by the door. I think it was tricky for her to keep finding her bed because it was dark. I think I'll try a night light tonight until she falls asleep. I had to end up going in there again and putting her back in her bed and staying by her until she calmed down. I was going to stay until she was asleep, but she seemed distracted with me there so I tried leaving again and then she went right to sleep. She slept all night and then I heard her playing in the morning.

Day 2: naptime
Today she could barely wait for me to give her her milk and read her story, she just kept trying to climb in her bed. She settled for bringing me everything IN her bed while we read the story. She went down fairly easily today, I was so proud.

No comments: