June 18, 2010

Yup, It's About That Time Again...

So I went to the store and bought Honey Smacks cereal. Harmless, yes. But when I got home I looked at them like, "Hmmm....I haven't bought these since I was pregnant with Brooklynn, when I ate them ALL THE TIME." Then I looked at the calender....yup, 4 1/2 weeks, almost 5. I didn't think I was actually pregnant, but since my parents were in town and we were seeing all of the Ashleys, I convinced Josh to let me take a pregnancy test. (I had to convince him because he hid them from me in February when I just KNEW I was pregnant...I wasn't. He was trying to make me wait until I missed a period before we kept wasting money on pregnancy tests.)
Anyway, the first test had a line going up and down but the one crossing it was so faint that it looked more like an invalid result than a positive. So then I wasn't completely sure...but by now I just KNEW that I was. So I went downstairs to get a nicer kind that I got on sale a while ago. I saved it until I had to pee again but then I was right back in there ready to take the test again. Josh was in there with me and I was reading him the instructions, that it will blink for about 3 minutes and then will give an accurate "yes" or a "no" and how if you get a "yes" it is 99.9% accurate. Sometimes they are inaccurate but those are usually false negatives, not false positives. Right in the middle of this explanation it changed from blinking to "YES"! Just then I got a rush of "WHOA...am I ready to do this again?" But then we hugged and congratulated each other and were happy in just another rush.
We weren't sure what to get my Uncle as his graduation present, so we wrote him a card and he got to be the first to know, and also announce it to all of the extended Ashley Family. It was a fun surprise for all of them to find out at the same time.
We wanted to try and tell as many people as possible in person this time so as I write this Josh's family still doesn't know and the suspense is killing me. I don't want to tell anybody else until all our family knows so hopefully my belly will slow down growing, I already have a tiny little bump and I am hoping I can hide it for another month.
Actually we are at the Bean's right now and now they know, too! We borrowed my neices "I'm a Big Sister" shirt and had it on Brooklynn on the drive up. When we got her out of the car we were greated by all the Beans and they all found out together! So now that all our family knows we can officially start telling people, and so...WE'RE PREGNANT!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Omigosh, congrats!!!! When are you due???

Kelly Elizabeth said...

Congrats! :)