December 23, 2010

23 Months Old!


Oh! I can hardly believe how fast my little Brookie is growing up! Just yesterday she only used 2 diapers all day, the rest of the day she was in training pants and peed on the potty. She continues to make us laugh and smile. We love her. She is going through a bit of a jealousy and needy phase, I think she can sense that Gabriella is coming soon. It's hard for me to pick her up and when I do I can't hold her very long. It's hard for me and I think for her, too. I'm hoping she doesn't "grow out of it" and just decide she doesn't want to be held. I'm hoping to resume picking her up after my pregnancy.
She is also turning into quite a little bear, meaning she's basically hibernating. Today I had to wake her up at 10:30 in the morning. And her naps are still usually 3 1/2 to 4 hours. It's nice for me but I feel like all she is doing is sleeping! And then after her nap she is so cranky like she still needs to sleep longer! She started sleeping so great right around when I got pregnant. I think it's the grace I need from God to help me get through this pregnancy. I'm guessing she'll wake up earlier and take shorter naps after I have Gabriella.
We're gearing up for Christmas! Brooklynn has been so cute. Whenever she sees a picture or ornament of Santa (or even someone wearing a Santa hat) she points and says, "ho! ho!" It's so cute. The other day it was a little awkward when she saw a girl wearing a Santa hat and just said "ho!" really loud. Hopefully she didn't take it the wrong way. She has also been singing along with some of our Christmas music. The other day she was singing, "fa la la la la la la la la..." So fun. I guess she's bound to learn all this music since I've been playing it constantly.
We're keeping our fingers crossed for a completely healthy Christmas this year. Last year she was so sick and it was pitiful. I can't wait for her to open presents and actually be excited. Last year she just kept looking at us like, "you are seriously torturing me making me do this."
With that said, when this posts we will already be in Michigan hanging out with the Beans until Sunday morning. Then we'll be in Indiana hanging out with the Ashleys until we drive back to PA on Tuesday.

No comments: