December 7, 2010

32 Week Appointment

So I was a little discouraged at my appointment today. Nothing was wrong with Gabriella, everything still seems healthy. Brooklynn even did pretty well. (perhaps it was the two Oreos I let her eat during my visit?)
It started out...I'm only 4 pound away from the total weight I gained with Brooklynn. So that sucks.
Secondly, I mentioned that my hip was hurting a lot today when she asked me how I was feeling. I guess that particular midwife didn't realize I had Sciatica and was surprised and said, "Wow, you are early to be in this much pain with it." I then had to inform her that it has been bothering me since sometime in my FIRST trimester.
She asked me if I had tried every single one of the things I have been doing and was surprised I was still in this much pain. She DID mention acupuncture, which I have not tried. So I might be looking into that.
THEN, she told me in the nicest way possible, to prepare myself for it really bothering me during labor, and how contractions can make this type of pain even worse. But then she explained that it still won't be as bad as my first labor. I told her that my biggest worry is ending up in the hospital again and having to labor and deliver flat on my back again, the worst possible position for me. I was basically putting ALL my pressure right on my sacrum and tailbone, the part of me bothering me the most. Urgh. She seemed optimistic that I would be fine and wouldn't have to go back over to the hospital.
She was encouraging about how it's such a chronic pain and you kind of just get used to it and it's so hard to deal with. That made me feel better when I try really hard not to complain about it because it makes me feel like a wuss. She also did mention that even though it came a lot sooner, it should still go away relatively quickly just like last time. So that was exciting news. Mostly it takes a little bit for all the Relaxin to leave my body and also all the swelling and inflammation to go down and then I should be fine again.
On a positive note, Gabby is still head down! She's in there kicking away. I think she is just as excited to meet Brooklynn as Brooklynn is to meet her. Every time Brooklynn is sleeping or something and then wakes up, Gabby hears her and then starts kicking away and gets so excited. We're all very excited to meet her. I'm getting ready to be done. (already.) Maybe I'll go early this time?
Oh, another funny story, 5, yes FIVE complete strangers have stopped me and just HAD to tell me I'm having a boy. It's fun to say, "nope, it's actually a girl" and then watch their reaction. But really, FIVE? I haven't had a single person think it was a girl that didn't know already. So random. And I'm not sure why they feel the need that they have to tell me. Maybe just something to say? I think next time I'll say something like, "what? I can't believe you would assume I'm pregnant."

3 comments:

Donald said...

I had sciatica really bad too. Another pregnant friend recommended me to her chiropractor, who happens to specialize in pregnancy care. It was gone with in two weeks. It also made the process of Aliyah coming through the canel and out so much faster because my hips were aligned. Totally recommend it:)

Bethany said...

I've been going to the chiropractor since about 3 months pregnant. It helps a lot, which basically means I have lots of pain but at least I'm ABLE to walk.

Donald said...

I am so very sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers because I certainly wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone:(