December 14, 2010

My Top-Ten Pregnancy Wishlist for Santa

I have quite a wishlist of things I would love to have. Sadly, I don't think most of them have been invented yet. Maybe in Santa's workshop he could rig a few things up for me.

1: A pair of maternity jeans with the super soft elastic, ALSO with a sweet drawstring around the bottom part so they actually stay up.

2: A pregnancy sink. (let me paint the picture here: I can't reach the faucet to rinse when I'm washing dishes, without stretching way past my normal ability or having the sink dig really hard into my belly. I want something shaped sort of like a crescent moon so it's rounded in the front. Then my big belly fits so nicely and I can go on washing dishes without cursing like a sailor in my mind.)

3: LONGER MATERNITY SHIRTS!!! I have a long torso, it's ridiculous that most of my maternity shirts would still barely cover up my belly when I'm not pregnant. My belly hangs out 98% of the time. And it's COLD.

4: One of those grabby hook things. I could even install it right on my cane. (now I do know these exist. Usually in the toy section of the stores.) You squeeze a trigger and this claw thing closes so you can grab stuff several feet away from you. This would be extra nice for cleaning up after Brooklynn, or when I drop something 80 zillion times a day.

5: A mattress identical to mine, except with a nice hole cut out of the middle so I can lay FLAT on my stomach. (Obviously I'll be wanting my old one back after delivery--maybe they have a loan program?)

6: Two words: Grocery Delivery.

7: Hoverboard. I'm not too good on skateboards. I basically want to be able to get out of bed and not have to move my legs. At all. And sort of float through the air. (A programmable feature is an extra bonus, like to the bathroom. That way I don't even have to open my eyes in the middle of the night.)

8: A anti-inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen that is safe to take during pregnancy. The doctors keep telling me it would help with my sciatica.

9: A pill you can take right when you go into labor so you can just have a nice, relaxing nap the entire time. Then you magically wake up the instant the baby is born so you don't miss that part.

10: A maid service. I'm so tired of cleaning up 5 times a day and you can't even tell.

Thank you, Santa. I'll be waiting patiently on Christmas morning!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I love the mattress one! That's gonna be a problem for me when I get pregnant. I always sleep on my stomach.

And I feel like a maid service would be good for more than just when you're pregnant... I could use one of those all the time!

Rindonesia said...

there MUST be grocery delivery in your area. Have you tried Peapod by Giant? I bet Genuardi's delivers too, since they're the same company as Safeway, which delivers. Check it out!

Unknown said...

Great ideas Bethany! I love the sink one! I'm feeling the same way about many of these things myself these day! One good thing is my hubby does the food shopping for me. Just think soon you will have another beautiful baby girl to hold in your arms! :)