December 19, 2010

One Word:

GROSS.
OK...follow up explanation. The Beans said I just HAD to post this part.
So Brooklynn wasn't going to sleep. Josh went in to tell her to go to sleep and get back into bed. I heard some interesting things through the monitor like, "yes, you did go poo-poo" and "oh gross, Brooklynn." and it kept getting more interesting. So finally I went back to see what was going on and still down the hallway I could smell the awful stench. When I got in there Josh was trying to get her changed, etc. So we found the poop all over the wall, and strangely enough...her hands were completely clean. We're still not sure how it got on there. I'm REALLY hoping she managed to just wipe it all off her fingers onto the wall and didn't actually put any in her mouth. There was no other evidence anywhere, not on the carpet, not on the bed....no wipes of any kind. So Josh changed her and I scrubbed the wall clean. I tried to lie down in her room with her to make sure she fell asleep and didn't get up again. But she smelled too bad, I couldn't even stay in there. We had even scrubbed her hands clean, even though they weren't visibly dirty, I'm sure there were plenty of germs on there.
We still aren't sure exactly what happened. She does reach down her diaper all the time. Actually yesterday I went to change her diaper and she had poop on her hands again. I'm starting to be completely grossed out by my own daughter. This happened on Sunday and Tuesday she threw up about 6 times....I am almost completely convinced it really was from eating poop and it just took a few days to set in. Gross.
And a side note: think about how good that makes me feel when she won't eat her dinner. Like it's even GROSSER to her to eat my cooking. Thanks, Brooklynn. Thanks a lot.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Three words: I. Would. Die.

Of course, now that I said that, it will most definitely happen.

Andrea said...

Did Brooklynn say, "Weeeeeellllllll....."
(sorry - speaking for Mom & Dad, since I don't know if she posts comments. or knows how to.)
hahahahahaha

Bethany said...

lol, Mom emailed me that.