July 28, 2010

13 Week Appointment at the Birth Center

So yesterday I went in for my second appointment. I had Gazelle who was with me about half the time when I gave birth to Brooklynn. It was fun to see her again. Josh met Brooklynn and I there after last time (which did NOT go so well.) Josh agreed that she is out of control and DID NOT LIKE when they felt my belly and tried to hear the heartbeat. She cried and cried. I did notice a difference having Josh there, though.
We did NOT get to hear the heartbeat. :( She tried for a while with the regular Doppler and then switched to her "early Doppler" which they did when Brooklynn was so tiny. (And it worked with her.)
Then she got out the ultrasound machine and we SAW the heartbeat which is good. We also got to see baby Smash swimming around and being all feisty. Hopefully next time we will get to hear it. So everything was fine. I was starting to get a little worried. She said it is rare to not hear it at 13 weeks but not completely off. She was encouraged that we got to see it and she could tell it looked nice and fast like they're supposed to be.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

They couldn't hear it with Myla at 13 weeks either. She kept asking if I wanted to make another appt. in a week just to hear the heartbeat, but I said "SHOULD I be worried?" She said no, so I didn't go in...