July 15, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training


May 24, 2010-I bought Brooklynn a potty today. I wasn't planning to get one this soon but we were at Ikea and I saw one for really cheap so I bought it.
June 1, 2010-We tried Brooklynn's potty out. I figured since we had it anyway I might as well. Nothing happened, but she sat on it for a couple of seconds. I don't think she thinks it's very comfortable.
June 17, 2010-We have tried Brooklynn's new potty a few times. She sits on it for like 5 seconds, then gets off her potty, squats RIGHT NEXT TO IT and pees. She's kinda getting there.
June 23, 2010-Today Brooke finally peed IN her potty. I think she was excited because she immediately stood up, stuck her hand in the pee and kind of splashed it and then came over to me and wiped her hand on my pants. (All in a matter of seconds before I could stop her from doing any of these things.)
July 3, 2010-Brooke has been doing so well using her potty. She has gone in it at least three times in the last day or two. I am so excited she knows what it's for now.
July 7, 2010-Tonight Brooklynn peed in her potty as part of her bedtime routine...I'm hoping this helps with her nighttime diapers that weigh about 15 pounds in the morning.
July 8, 2010-Today Brooke peed in her potty, then stood up and tried to "help" by picking up her potty (I think to dump in the toilet.) Except with her lack of balance/skill in this area she just dumped it all over the floor, bathtub, magazine rack, etc.
July 15, 2010-Brooklynn has been peeing in her potty almost every time I put her on her potty now. I know she's way too young to only use the potty, but it's encouraging that she knows what it's for and seems really interested in the whole process. I'm also really glad every time when she does b/c it saves one extra diaper/diaper change. I'm so proud of her. I'll probably continue to put her on the potty a few times a day until she continues to stay dry all the time and then we'll kick the potty training in full gear. I'll keep you all updated.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

You are brave!!! And way ahead of me ... I doubt my kids even know what a toilet is! haha