July 22, 2010

A Rough Drive...


Yesterday we went up to see my friend Jasmine for the day. She lives about 45 minutes north of us...except yesterday it took us way longer. We started off the trip pretty well. As soon as I was on the ramp for 476 to get on I looked down at my gas and it was right on empty. Great. There is like no where to stop on the way. So I got RIGHT off the exit and had to back track to find a gas station. Now, there was one right there, but I couldn't get there from that direction. So I had to drive several miles in order to turn around, then pass 476 entrance to get to the gas station. So I filled up, a little annoying but necessary. Then I had to try and get back on. Since I was past 476 I would have had to drive even more out of the way to get on at that same place so I went up to the next exit a few miles away. When I got back into the car Brooklynn was already starting to be a little fussy so I gave her some of my keys to play with. As soon as we were pulling onto 476 AGAIN Brooklynn starts screaming, apparently there was one of her tiny hair rubber bands on my carrabeaner and it broke and either snapped her in the face or the keys hit her in the face...something. (you can see the mark it left on her face in this picture.) I couldn't see because I was driving. Anyway, I took the keys away and tried my best to console her which was not great, because I was trying to go around a ramp....meanwhile Brooke's carseat completely tips over to the side. I started to freak out b/c I didn't know what was happening. Back track...I had Josh's car and his seatbelts don't have the child safety lock or the clips inside the seat. That is why we try and take my car...but my ac is broken for the 4th time this summer and I'm ready to drive it to a junk yard. (I've since learned that you can get a clip to solve this seatbelt problem, yay!) So I straighten her seat upright, on a positive note since she tipped over she was sort of like "What is happening...huh?" instead of crying like the world is going to end soon. So that calmed her down a bit.
In all the commotion I went to grab Josh's EZ pass in the middle console where I always put it b/c it's easy to reach there and he had moved it AGAIN to the passenger side...grr.....so I had to reach over barely getting it, then I thought I missed my exit to 476 and was on 276. I did that another time and had to drive 45 minutes out of the way. So the entire time until I saw the first exit I thought I was on the wrong highway. Luckily I did it right, thank goodness. It started to look up after that point. Brooke actually fell asleep. But man I kept thinking, "Why did I even get out of bed today?"

No comments: