October 17, 2010

Linvilla Orchards

We couldn't wait to go to Linvilla Orchards! We had plans to go Saturday morning and meet up with Jeff, Emily & Cece. Well, Brooklynn woke up and kept pointing at her ears and saying "ouch" so I called the doctor to see if we could get an appointment. If she had an ear infection, I couldn't take her in Sunday b/c they're closed and then Monday I would have Cece AND Brooklynn to juggle so I wanted to get her in. Well, "early" for the Dr.'s office was 11:20, but they said if we could get there at 11 they'd see what they could do. So we pushed back our plans to later and decided to try anyway. Brooklynn DOES have an ear infection, so I'm glad I brought her in.
When we got to the Orchards, Brooklynn was already sound asleep. In the parking area it was so windy and cold I immediately felt like the worst mother in the world for making my poor baby with an ear infection be outside for several hours (and for waking her up.) But it actually turned out to be a super-nice day and wasn't cold at all.
Brooklynn picking her first apple.
Brooklynn was so proud of herself she immediately started eating her apple. (And didn't stop the entire day.) She did add some to our box, but she was always eating at least one apple.



I was fine letting Brooklynn always have an apple in her hand because she kept trying to go for the ones on the ground. Gross.

The apples were hard to find, they have really been picked through. Luckily there were plenty of Granny Smith apples, and then the next aisle over we found apple paradise but with this sign attached. Emily commented that it reminded her of the Garden of Eden and it was like the forbidden fruit because we ALL wanted to go pick from those trees anyway. We decided not to.
Cece with an apple when she woke up. Brooklynn was SO excited to come to the orchards with Cece.
Someone is an apple monster. She may or may not get this from her Mommy. (I had probably 5 apples while we were there.)


OK, when did my belly get so ridiculously HUGE? I still have 3-4 months left! How can I keep growing?


Brooklynn found something that was yellow, so of course this was her favorite toy for a while. (Have I mentioned that Brooklynn LOVES yellow?)

We went from the apple orchard to the pumpkin patch area to get a pumpkin for Brooklynn. She was so excited about these baby pumpkins so we got her one of those, too.
We also all really like the huge pumpkins, but those were all $50 so we didn't buy any of those.
Cece cooperated a little better for the pumpkin picture.


We wanted to go to the playground before we bought our pumpkins. It was such a cute playground. Next year we need to go early morning and stay all day.

Here are all of us!
Brooklynn loved emptying our apples out of the box. I decided to give her a bunch of colanders so she wouldn't just keep throwing them on the table or the floor. She loved this game.
And then she climbed into the box.


This apple had orange in it. I've never seen an orange apple before.


So far I've made an apple tart which we ate last night, two apple pies today (cooling right now), and on the agenda is apple bread and apple crisp. I'll probably cut up and freeze some apples for another apple pie to make later and the rest I'll make into applesauce. I'll probably save a few for just dipping into caramel and to let Brooklynn eat since she LOVES apples.

No comments: