October 21, 2010

Mommy's Helper

So Brooklynn really wanted to help me make apple pie. She actually dumped all her toys out and tried to use the containers they were in to climb on top of the table. While I was impressed at her ingenuity, I didn't want her climbing on the table (partly for safety, but also because I didn't want her to mess up my pie crust) so I decided to get her a stool so she could help. When just the stool was there she continued to try to climb on the table. SO, I let her help. I got a bowl and a spoon and some dry oatmeal she could stir up. I wasn't using the oatmeal, but she didn't care. I wanted something that would be easy to clean up, even though it was horribly messy. This kept her busy the whole time I rolled out my pie crust and part of the time when I sliced my apples. (Then she also wanted to stir and eat some apples.)
I have a feeling she is going to want to help more and more and I don't mind at all. I love it.
Here are our apple pies. Mmmmmmm.

No comments: