October 28, 2010

Squirrel Excitement


Brooklynn and I went back to get Cece up from her nap, we changed her diaper then came back out to the living room. I looked at the door which was OPEN, so was the screen door (slightly, Brooklynn does this all the time.) And at the bottom with his head sticking INSIDE our apartment sniffing around to see if it's safe was a squirrel. EEK! Luckily, he heard us coming and he backed out, but not much. I ran over, closed the door and then looked around to see if maybe one of his friends already made it inside. I was starting to feel a slight lump in my throat like I was going to cry or throw up and a slight panic of "what the heck do I do if there IS a squirrel already inside here?" Then both Brooklynn and Cece started squealing with delight when they got to watch this squirrel on our balcony...trying to break in, still! He walked up and down our screen door, pawed at the side of it to try and open it...gross. Thank goodness I had the timing I did or it would have been inside. I love squirrels, but outside only. I think part of the problem was that our very stinky trash was outside because it was smelling up the place. I'm sure that lured him over.




No comments: