August 4, 2011

Dr. Visits

So it was time for Brooklynn's 2 1/2 year appointment and Gabby's 6 month appointment so I decided to schedule them at the same time again, although I swore I never would again. It went much better this time...except I think I'm the only one who thought so. I think the nurses and the doctor were scared of us...they looked all frantic in the midst of everything. I think I'm just used to the insanity and screaming.
The good news is that Brooklynn didn't have to get any shots this time! And she is still (after about a month...since that is how far behind I am in blog world I am) saying, "no shots! no shots!"
The bad news is: we let it slip to the doctor that Brooklynn still drinks milk out of a bottle. He said he would rather her not have any more milk at all than have a bottle...NO MORE BOTTLES! I've been trying to switch her off forever...it's been rough. When she doesn't drink her milk she breaks down, but when I've given her anything besides a bottle she takes one sip and spits it everywhere. It does not go well.
I've been trying to substitute other dairy products and she doesn't really do that, either....or at least not very much. It's been hard.
So we stopped...and ever since then she stopped taking naps.
Brooklynn is 37 1/4" tall and weighs 28 pounds.
Gabriella is 27 7/8" tall and weighs 19 pounds, 11 ounces. Pretty soon she'll weigh more than Brooklynn.

No comments: