August 15, 2011

Millions of Peaches

After we went peach picking, we had TONS of peaches. You might be wondering what I did with all of them. Some of them I ate, some of them Gabby ate, I made a bunch into baby food and stuck it in the freezer. But the rest....
I baked. (And this is only one batch out of many many many. I have no idea how many peaches I had.)
OK, seriously? Where have baked peaches been all my life. YUM.
You cut them in half, remove the pit, add a little water to the pan, bake 30 minutes at 350.
Then add a little butter, brown sugar and chopped pecans. It is like heaven in your mouth. 
(Don't worry...I tried to control myself and only ate a few per batch like this. The baking them makes taking the skin off super easy and that is what I did for all my baby food.)

No comments: