December 19, 2011

Gingerbread House 2011

So trying to do anything Christmas related before the move was just not going to happen. I didn't want to skip it, though so I packed all my stuff to do at the Bean house after we got there. So after packing up Friday, driving Saturday, and unpacking Sunday...Monday we relaxed a bit and during naps I baked the gingerbread house parts, and then Monday evening we decorated it! It was fun to do some Christmas-y things. I asked Josh how he wanted to decorate it this year and he answered "like a Christmas tree!" (Of course, why wasn't I thinking that?)
It didn't go quite as planned...instead of the frosting looking like on the left...it quickly flopped and looked like the picture on the right. It was still cute, though.
I don't think Brooke minded as long as she got to eat M&Ms and frosting.
She was very into her work. I handed her a star to frost for the top and of course one of them had a Brooklynn-sized bite out of it...we used it anyway.   
 Josh AND Brooklynn were pretty into their work.
Brooklynn demonstrating her favorite part of this activity:
 And here is our finished product...our gingerbread house decorated like a Christmas Tree.
I didn't weigh it but if I were to guess it's about 12 pounds of cookie, frosting and candy.

No comments: