January 13, 2011

Another Snow Day

We got like 4-6 inches of snow Tuesday night. I had an appointment at the Birth Center Wednesday morning but I told Brooklynn that I would take her to play in the snow if she was a good girl. And she's never done so well there before! So now I HAD to take her out. Normally I'd be all about it but it's SO hard to do this when I'm this pregnant. I have two pairs of snowpants. One barely goes one. One are overalls and don't zip at all. My coat doesn't zip, either. So generally I stay pretty cold. I also had no actual snow boots, and whenever we went out it was really slippery for me. I was nervous I would fall one of these times and hurt either my baby or my hips worse than they were. So I took Brooklynn to Walmart on the way back. We tried to find a sled (no luck) but we were able to get a shovel and snow boots for me. Within 10 seconds of being outside Brooklynn walked on the nicely shovelled sidewalk right into the side of a hill, face first. She stood back up and looked at me with a huge, snow-covered smile on her face. I guess she did it on purpose? I brushed off as much of the snow as I could and then helped her into the snowy part of the grass. She loved it.  We tried to make a snowman but it didn't work too well. So we just ate some snow and threw snowballs at each other.   When she put one right down my shirt I tried to tell her it was time to go in because I was cold and she didn't want anything to do with that. (despite her being covered head to toe even on her face with snow)
So I bribed her with some hot chocolate. That did the trick.
Josh taught Brooklynn how to eat snow last time they were out. She LOVES it and basically keeps her happy the entire time.

Yup, I throw a snowball right in my daughter's face. To my credit I was aiming for her belly. I was just filming and had to throw left-handed.
At least she got me back pretty well. She took a snowball and put it down the front of my sweater. Then snuck up behind me and put some down my back.

No comments: