January 6, 2011

Cookies for Breakfast?

We always have coffee cake for breakfast on Christmas morning. We put all the cookies and other desserts on the kitchen table and it was just too tempting for the kids. They went right for it Christmas morning. Brooklynn kept going back all day. At one point she even slipped on a step stool and got a bloody lip, all in the name of cookies. We figured it was Christmas and we'd just let her. I have no idea HOW many she ate, but it was a LOT. Every time I saw her she had a cookie in her hand. She eats them pretty slow so a lot of them could have been the same cookies; I'm not sure. I also figured that the coffee cake and a cookie had a similar amount of sugar in it, so what was the big deal?
Brooklynn and Andrew with their breakfast cookies Christmas morning.

Brooklynn going for a steal. I forgot to take a picture of the entire cookie table (I know, shocking, right?) but you can see a small corner of it here:
She went with an M&M cookie first.
Adeline and Andrew following Brooklynn's bad example.
One thing Brooklynn loves is the shopping cart. She is always pushing it around. I thought it especially cute that it contained: Baba, her bottle, and several cookies just to keep track of her favorite possessions.

No comments: