February 23, 2011

25 Months

Well, a lot has happened since last month. Brooklynn is now a big sister! And she's been getting into all sorts of trouble. She's super FEISTY. That is the perfect word that describes her.
In fact, Dictionary.com defines "feisty" as:

  1. full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky
  2. ill-tempered; pugnacious.
  3. troublesome; difficult.
So there you have it. Brooklynn defines FEISTY.
And we love her. So much. She's actually gotten a lot better with the transition to having a little sister. She has started bringing me diapers for Gabby and takes a lot of pride in this new job. She also helps me burp her. Only sometimes is it a little too hard, usually it's right on. She still acts out occasionally, especially when I'm nursing Gabby and my attention has to be 100% focused on her. But she's starting to realize I can still read her books when I do this or do something else quiet. So it's not so bad. 
We had a really nice week my first week alone with the two girls. That made Brooklynn really happy since we got to spend lots of time outside. Now there is snow all over the place again so we're back inside. One of these days I'll have to venture outside with her to play in the snow. 
Brooklynn still continues to be such a picky eater. Sometimes she won't eat anything. Like AT ALL. It's really frustrating. Other days she'll eat pretty well (for a two-year-old, anyway.) and I'll be so happy. 
Brooklynn has been playing all sorts of really fun, active games with Josh. She loves it. She's starting to be one big ball of energy. I can't wait until spring. I can just have her run around outside all day. 
Brooklynn is definitely acting the part of a two-year-old. But it really isn't so bad. And it's really not "terrible" like they say. I would say "challenging...unexpected...and fun." 


No comments: